Alright, I know it's been awhile, but it's only because I've been bogged down with school work. It sucks, but I'm an A+ student because of it. There are tons of things I wanted to post between my last message and this one, but I just don't have the time to do them all.
Instead, in the spirit of Thanksgiving, I'm going to list the things I'm thankful for. I'm not exactly sure how it was started though. I know what the history books say, but the winners write the history and we were the "winners." Despite that fact, I still love it (even without the turkey!).
I'm thankful for:
- my family and friends (doesn't everyone have to list this one?)
- my husband and cats (they're included in my family but deserve extra thanks so I'll list them separately)
- my good grades. They're a result of my hard work (a lot of it) and will help me get into medical school, which will help me be a good Dr. This will also help me get my PhD after I get my MD so when I'm done dealing with patients and doing clinical work, I can retire and work on research.
- my musical talent. Even though I don't have time to play any of my instruments anymore, I still take pride in knowing that I can if I want to.
- John Ashcroft's resignation. It's about time, damn it! I'm not sure if Gonzales will be any better, but he seems slightly less radical than Ashcroft. Besides, Ashcroft was so awful that it can't get any worse, can it?
- G. W. Bush has only 4 more years left in office (Well, really it's 4 years and 2 months)
- Civil Unions in Vermont. I know it's not marriage and I believe that homosexual couples SHOULD be allowed to marry, but with the recent outlawing of gay marriage in 11 states and the fact that good ole' G.W. wants to put through a Constitutional amendment against it, a Civil Union is better than nothing (then again, if it has the same result as a marriage, why not just call it a marriage????)
- our blockbuster unlimited rental card. It's fabulous.
- my car. It's 8 years old and still running strong. Best yet, I don't have any car payments. Yippee!
I think that's it. What are you thankful for?