Friday, September 23, 2005

Always wear a padded bra to an Ecology lab

You never know when you'll be messing around in a river or trudging through a forest that's 15 degrees colder than the rest of the area.

Now that I've gotten that little tip out of the way, I have to share something with you. It's yet another reason why I LOVE LOVE LOVE Vermont. I stopped at a farm stand on the way home from lab today and bought 2 HUGE pumpkins, 4 medium ones (they're striped - how cool!), two small orange ones, two small white ones, a bag of yellow string beans, 3 Macintosh apples, 3 ears of corn, and a lovely acorn squash. It only cost $19 total, it's home-grown, organic, and I handed my money directly to the woman who picked all of this stuff from her garden. Wonderful. :)

Yesterday I stopped at one of the farmer's markets and bought some potatoes and cucumbers, straight from the garden. When I saw the strawberry-rhubarb jam (homemade, also from their own crop) I couldn't resist. I have a thing for anything that's strawberry-rhubarb.

Yum.
Ms. V

1 comment:

Perplexio said...

The words "strawberry rhubarb" simultaneously cause a symphony on my taste buds and a party in my pants.