Thursday, March 06, 2008

Puff-tacular

Well folks, I've probably formed a DVT. I've been sitting and sitting and sitting some more. Really it's because I've been studying like a good little PA student, desperate to pass the 3 midterms I have to take next week. Should be interesting. "EKGs, anatomy, and cadavers, oh my!"

I'm floating through life on only one brain cell at the moment and getting a tad snippy toward people. Hub complained this evening about how long his work-days were this week and I became slightly unhinged. The conversation went something like this:

Hub: "We hoped to get done at 2pm today but couldn't leave until 5:30. :sigh: Long days..."

Me: "YOU WANT TO TALK ABOUT LONG DAYS?!?!! I DIDN'T GO TO BED UNTIL WELL AFTER 1AM AND WAS UP AGAIN AT 6! YEAH, 6!! THAT'S LESS THAN 5 FRAKKING HOURS OF SLEEP AND I CONSIDER MYSELF LUCKY THAT I EVEN GOT THAT MUCH!"

Hub: "Yeah, you're right. Let's not compare."

Me: "You're finally learning."

In addition to the exams, we have a video-project due tomorrow that needs to be accompanied by a patient write-up. We have our regular weekly write-up due tomorrow too. Oh, and our regular weekly physical skills test on a sheet that we need to memorize word-for-word. We have EKG review for an hour and a half then breast-exam lab for 3 hours. I won't get done until 4pm which is at least 30 minutes later than when I normally arrive home in VT. Fun times.

The good news is that I've been doing all of this sitting & studying in my fabulous new puffy-chair. It's like a giant foam-filled bean bag. I never want to leave it. I might even sleep in it tonight. I'm a woman obsessed. I want to build a giant house just so I can furnish it with these. :D

Time to get back to work!

xo,
Ms. V

No comments: