Monday, January 24, 2005

27 years, 3 hours, and 32 minutes...

That is officially how old I am. That's right: I was born on January 24 at 6pm on the dot. Couldn't have timed it any better, huh? My mom had me and then probably promptly got served a yummy hospital dinner (sorry mom...).

In either case, I'd like to say a huge "thank you" to all of my family and friends who sent birthday wishes to me in some form - either by card, email, phone call, telepathy... you name it. Alright, telepathy doesn't count unless I got the message. Don't think you can weasle your way out of wishing me a Happy Birthday by saying "but I was THINKING it - didn't you pick up on that?" It only counts if I felt you were thinking it.

For those of you who haven't wished me a Happy Birthday, well, I'm down to counting the hours as the years go on and since - as I mentioned - I was born at 6pm eastern time exactly, you have 24 hours from that point to put your letter on the pony express. That means that I'll be accepting birthday wishes until 6pm tomorrow. This entire day was spent in class. I left at 8:30 am and returned at 9:10 pm, so I need as many "Happy" thoughts as I can get. My brain is disintigrating. If you still don't get your "Happy Birthday" in by the deadline, well, I'll forgive you... eventually. Perhaps in a few years after a some make-up Happy Birthdays. We'll see.

Despite the fact that the day wasn't too thrilling, I had the luxury of having my sister visit for the weekend and we always have a good time together. I finally got to introduce her to "Napolean Dynamite" too. In fact, Blaze even watched it with us. You know it's good when the cat takes interest. Hubby and I will be having a nice dinner together tomorrow night to make up for the lack of celebration today and I'm also looking forward to that. He was going to cook for me, but I'm really craving my mom's spaghetti sauce so I'm going to spend the day nurturing that instead - complete with vegetarian ground, vegetarian sausage, and vegetarian meatballs. Don't crinkle your nose up like that. This stuff is actually very good. I wouldn't eat it if it weren't.

The rest of my evening will be spent eating a can of vegetable soup, studying, and cuddling with the fab four (the cats). Sounds like heaven!

Time to get some of that soup in my belly... I'm starving.

Happy Birthday to me!


1 comment:

Perplexio said...

'appy 'appy bewated birfday.

Apparently the telepathy wasn't properly received.