Saturday, January 29, 2005

"Oh, I'm handling it alright. I've had so much Mylanta I'm coughing up chalk!"

Grenidine is sick.

There. I said it. The first step is admitting it. Nothing induces a full blown panic attack more quickly than knowing that one of my precious little fur-babies is ill. She barely ate last night and she didn't eat breakfast this morning. After a bout of 2 UTI's and some crystals, we were supposed to have another urinalysis done. Didn't get the sample, she seemed fine, figured all was well.

I have no idea why she's suddenly gone all "Calista" on us though. I hope it doesn't have to do with the fact that I'm a horribly neglectful, kicking-myself-in-the-arse cat mommy because I didn't have that final urinalysis done. It might very well be something minor, like a simple cold that's preventing her from smelling her food. BUT - her eyes aren't watery and her nose doesn't sound stuffy. Bleh.

Anyway, I called the vet. They gave me the option of paying over $100 to see the ER vet this afternoon, or seeing her sooner and paying WAY over $100. I said that I'd see if she ate her snack. If she doesn't, then it's off to the emergency vet we go! Why is it that out of 4 cats, NONE of them can get sick during the week when it's less expensive? Don't get me wrong - I don't mind paying the extra - the cost is still well worth it for their health and my sanity, but the money spent at the ER vet could otherwise be spent on new toys for them and the toys are more fun to buy.

Cross your fingers that she eats. She's just a tiny little thing. She needs some food in her belly!!

No comments: