Thursday, March 24, 2005

I dream of home-spun, hand-painted wool...

Alright, hub's blanket is being put on hold for just a few days. I started a fabulous poncho for myself sometime just before winter and it's not even half-finished. We're going out with friends on Friday evening and we haven't seen them in awhile, so I'd like to wear something special. I barely get to leave the house anymore. Dinner with friends is a very big deal.

Anyway, the poncho is friggin' gorgeous and now that I have the front half done, it's even MORE gorgeous. The challenge will be to write two lab reports, study for a quiz, study for an exam, get all of my homework done, knit the other half of this poncho, stitch the whole thing together, and clean 2 bathrooms by Friday at 5pm. Hee haw!

Here's a picture of the poncho: http://store1.yimg.com/I/kaleidoscopeyarns_1835_70815301

Here's a picture of the color that *I'm* doing it in: http://www.kyarns.com/point5-55.html

I think I like the darker color a bit better. Oh well. I guess I'll have to shell out another butt-load of cash to buy some more wicked-expensive yarn so that I can have the same exact poncho in 2 different colors. Hmmm.... OK, that won't really happen because I'm broke, but it's fun to pretend that I can still afford luxury yarn.

G'night!
Ms. V

2 comments:

Perplexio said...

Going out with friends is the bomb!

Toni & I did that last Friday. We went out for sushi at this cozy little restaurant in a strip mall out in Naperville with 3 of our friends.

I live and die for the spicy crunchy roll!

Anonymous said...

WOW!!!