Saturday, March 26, 2005

"Shop smart. Shop S-Mart."

There's a Bruce Campbell marathon on Scifi tonight. Hub is very, very happy.

I finished the world's most gorgeous poncho just in time for dinner on Friday. I had to work on it all day, which means I got no studying done. I also planned to study today but that didn't work out either. Now I'll have to cram all of my homework and test-prep into whatever time I have available tomorrow. Happy thoughts. Must - think - happy - thoughts.

On the bright side, the yarn I used to make my poncho normally costs $22 a skein at most places, but I found a woman who sells it in her ebay store for less than half that. Huzzah! I'll have to buy some later. This is, quite possibly, the most perfect yarn in the universe.

Now, without further ado, here are the poncho pictures. It looks a little more hippy-ish than I planned, but I still love it. It's so cozy!





Now I'm going to go help kill a giant monkey.

Be well,
Ms. V

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful, just like you!

Ms. V said...

Thank you! I'm going to try to find some other colors that I like on Ebay so I can make another, or possibly a sweater.

Perplexio said...

Pretty schnazzy!

How many different knitting projects do you have on your table now?

One ah-ah-ah, one knitting project?

Two ah-ah-ah, two kntting projects?

hehehe

Sorry I have that Will & Grace episode in my head where Jack asked Will to sing The Twelve Days of Christmas like the Count from Sesame Street going through my head.

Ms. V said...

I miss Sesame Street!! :)

Knitting projects... let's see...
Hub's blanket, another poncho for myself, a scarf for a gift, a cat blanket for Indy (my mom's cat), a blanket as a holiday gift for people who shall remained un-named so the surprise isn't ruined, a blanket for a friend down in Florida, a strawberry hat for a friend's daughter and for my 6 year old cousin, a blanket and a pair of booties as a baby-gift, and I think that's it. I'll also be knitting holiday gifts for both grandmothers and my mother in law. Phew! I need to get started. :)