Monday, April 11, 2005

Illness, day 5 1/2

Well, I finally went to the doctor today. After 5 1/2 days of knocking on death's door, I thought I might as well give it a shot.

Unfortunately, she said exactly what I thought she'd say: It's viral and just has to run its course. The other option is that I actually have Pertussis (the 'P' in the DPT vaccine, otherwise known as whooping cough). I find that a tad hard to believe since there haven't been any big whooping cough outbreaks in the area lately. In either case, stay away from me. Far, far away. You don't want a virus and you certainly don't want whooping cough.

I managed to make it through half of my calculus class tonight before feeling like I was going to pass out. At that point, the instructor allowed me to leave. I'm missing physics, which sucks, because I get lost if I don't go to class. Our book stinks and I can't teach myself out of the text like I can with calc.

I'm not real thrilled knowing that I'm going to get better, only to have 3 times as much schoolwork to do.

Thank goodness the semester is almost over.
Ms. V

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

big outbreak of whooping cough in the pennsylvania area.many kids were out of school for a period of time

Anonymous said...

One word....

Coffee.

Ms. V said...

:grin: One of my favorite words...

Ms. V said...

I especially like the fact that it said the best benefits can be seen if you drink 6 or more cups a day. :)

:grabs a pot of coffee: